CONGRATULATIONS to IVI Destination Management turning 25 years old in 2011, Mexico’s leading destination management company for inbound events. IVI is a DMC used globally by event planning and conference organising companies. http://tinyurl.com/2438sd3 This means they’ve been around much longer than most DMCs in the DMC industry, but they are still young and energetic! From this November on IVI begins celebrating their 25th anniversary and there will be lots of surprises throughout the coming year.
IVI, the leading DMC operating in Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic and Panama, did more than 3600 events so far and earned more of testimonials than you probably have time to read. In brief, they offer creativity and value in conducting meetings, incentives and events that are cost-effective from top to bottom.
What is new in their destinations?
• Besides offering Nature, adventure, excellent deluxe properties and incentive services, Costa Rica also offers high technology.
Costa Rica now is home to the Plasma Motor Astra Rocket Company. Now many organizations are getting ready to take people into space, Costa Rica offers the Plasma Motor Astra Rocket Company (AARC), a company dedicated to the development of advanced plasma rocket propulsion technology.
Incentive travel clients now have the opportunity to bring their guests to see this impressive Plasma motor and attend an exclusive conference led by Dr. Franklin R. Chang Diaz, a Costa Rican who serves as company President and CEO. Dr. Chang Diaz invented the VASIMR® concept and has been working on its development since 1979.
• Two new Paradisus Resorts at the Riviera Maya.
SOL MELIÁ announces two new flagship Paradisus Resorts in Mexico, Paradisus Playa del Carmen and Paradisus Xaman. Paradisus Playa del Carmen and Paradisus Xaman will be located in Riviera Maya’s prestigious Playa del Carmen enclave on Mexico’s eastern shore – renowned for pristine white sand beaches and turquoise water.
Facilities and amenities for Paradisus Playa del Carmen include 534 suites, 122 of which are Royal Service and two Presidential; six restaurants, five bars and a signature Gabi Beach Club. The Paradisus Xaman will feature 325 suites including two Presidential suites– most notably 120 Family Concierge suites which allow for two & three bedroom suite configurations, unique in catering to the luxury family segment. The hotel will feature five restaurants and four bars in addition to a Gabi Beach Club and a Kid’s Zone.
Both resorts will share a 20,000-square-foot YHI Spa and Health Club and more than 12,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. Each resort will also feature dramatic free form pools and artful landscapes which have become a brand signature. Complimentary life-enriching classes such as sushi making, wine tasting, etc. will also be available at both properties.
The Dominican Republic wins a ton of awards as a top-notch travel destination
MagalyToribio, the Deputy Minister of International Promotion for the Dominican Republic, has just reported several top rankings and honors the country has received in 2010. Top rankings and honors include:
• USA Today included Excellence Resorts’ Excellence Punta Cana on its “10 Great Places to get Everything Under the Sun” and “10 Great Resorts for Warm-Weather Escape”.
• Conde Nast Traveler named the Peninsula House in Samana on the DR’s stunning Northeast Coast as the most luxurious place in the Caribbean and the top-scoring property in the Americas on its venerable Gold List 2010 issue.
• Travel Agent Magazine named Barcelo Punta Cana one of the top five green resorts in the Caribbean, the Bahamas and Bermuda in 2010.
• USA Today included the Golden Dolphin Villa in Cabrera on the DR’s North Coast on its list of “10 Great Places for a Family Reunion” in 2010.
• Punta Cana Resort and Club’s posh Tortuga Bay Hotel in the DR received the AAA Five Star Diamond Award.
• Luxury Living International mentioned Coson Beach in Las Terrenas, DR and Juanillo Beach in Punta Cana, DR on its list for the “Top 10 Beaches to Live on in Paradise” in 2010.
Top Travel Destinations:
• Santo Domingo received the 2010 Cultural Capital Award from the American Capital of Culture.
• Budget Travel named Samana Peninsula one of its “Top Budget Travel Destinations for 2010”.
• CNN included the Dominican Republic as one of its recommendations for “Affordable and Accessible Vacations in 2010”.
• Travel + Leisure named the country and Los Haitises National Park on its list of “30 Romantic Dream Trips 2010”.
• Orbitz.com listed Punta Cana as number eight on its list of “Top 10 Spring Break Destinations for 2010”.
• Coastal Living named Saona Island on its list of “Top 31 Best Beach Vacations in 2010”.
IVI Destination Management offers a wide variety of destinations. They are especially attractive for incentive programs because visitors have the options of staying in a beautiful resort in the middle of the rain forest, at an all inclusive resort on the exciting Pacific Coast, or a combination of nearby beach and forests.
IVI delivers everything you need – experience through 25 years destination management and still the young, energetic spirit and creative ideas for unique activities and experiences that make an event enjoyable and memorable.